In the summer of 2007, a few cricket enthusiasts, drawn together by their common passion for the game of cricket with the ambition to have continuous and competitive cricket, formed the Atlanta Cricket League (“ACL”).
ACL is a registered non-profit organization, was established in the spring of 2007, in Atlanta, GA. ACL was formed to provide a platform to cricket lovers to have fun playing, watching, and being a part of this game. The mission of the league is to continue doing this successfully in the seasons to come and to promote the great game of cricket in and around metro Atlanta.
That was almost 6 years ago. The ACL has come a long way from its tentative beginnings to become one of the strongest, most well-established leagues of United States of America. Not only ACL is strong social league, but, through the years, ACL have also won several accolades for its contribution to the community. ACL strength lies in our diversity and our flexibility in changing with the times. Today, ACL members comprise of several ethnicities from around the world.
ACL is an independent organization which comprises of teams from all over metro Atlanta. ACL season starts in April and concludes in late October. ACL plays an average of ten to eleven regular season matches, before the playoffs.
- To facilitate growth and development of the game in the community.
- To maintain excellence on and off the field, upholding the spirit of the game.
- To preserve and promote the multicultural traditions of the league.
- To ensure a strong and prosperous future of the game and the organization.
- To develop the game among young generations .
- To continue to collaborate with several charity organizations to conduct fund raising cricket tournaments.
- Increase in teams participation from 22 in 2007 to 66 in 2012.
- Biggest & Longest Cricket League in Georgia – 26 Weeks (April – October), 66 Teams, 1000 + players, 500+ Games and 4 Championships.
- Introduction and Successful completion of first Kids League with the participation of over 70 kids under the age of 13.
- Highest Participation in any Cricket League in Georgia.
- Contributed more than $20,000 to UNICEF, CADEF, Asha for education and SEWA since inception.